VirtualBox comments

Creates virtual operating system environments
User

Your vote:

G
Guest
In my previous comment, I should have indicated that I went back to 5.14 instead of 5.18 (not 5.16). 5.18 was problematic for me.

G
Guest
Back to version 5.14 because I had problems with 5.16. Not able to connect to USB peripherals. However, with 5.14, I am able to run WIN2000, WIN XP, WIN 7 and LINUX. XP is slow, but the three others runs rather fast.

R
Rich
Way too many VirtualBox updates!!! try having to apply extensions to 11+ VMs every time VB introduces another update, save these into one monthly update at most!

G
Virtual box is great! Love it!

Vojta
Highly functional virtual machine software for safe browsing and for application testing. It is free, but feature-wise pretty comparable to commercial solutions like VMWare Workstation. Still lacks reliable virtual 3D graphics support, though. It is free, therefore 5 stars from me.

J
Great emulator! I like it better than the paid Vmware piece of software!

G
Guest
The printed text touting the benefits of this program is what initially got my attention. However,
that quickly vanished when I proceeded with the tutorials. No sound or narration on graphical images so small to even see what was happening was just a great example of an exercise in tediousness too far outside the boundaries of my particular comfort zone. In short, it very well might be a fantastic item to have--but the visual presentation pretty well killed it for me. Not meant to offend anyone--only to inform. Thanks. /klp--

Sundaram
Free VM to play with.

K
nice!

B
Great VM solutions- works also on FreeBSD

Sundaram
Very cool Virtual platform. No more dual boot problems. Runs pretty good on my XP box.

S
Amazing alternative for very expensive VMWare. Runs everywhere, runs almost everything. Recommend!

A
Perfect for those who want to snoop around a Linux distribution and are afraid to dual-boot.

G
Guest
I have used all the virtualization products available on the market, free and paid alike. Although this does not equal the same features as VmWare, it comes closer than the other free products.

G
Guest
cos i'm using real great

Alternative downloads

VMware Workstation
rating

Proporciona una plataforma para instalar y virtualizar diferentes sistemas operativos.

VMware Workstation Player
rating

VMware Player Pro is a streamlined desktop virtualization program.

Microsoft Virtual Machine
FREE
rating

It can convert virtual machines and disks from VMware hosts to Hyper-V hosts.